It was my first choice because everyone that comes back from there seems to have exceedingly good Japanese but I've decided on how I feel about it: Pissed off. Well no more annoyed. For several probably weird or selfish reasons.
1. The Uni is in the middle of no where.
2. I'm going with people from my Uni that I know. I would MUCH prefer to go with people I didn't know at all so I know they'd leave me alone.
3. Before getting our placement we were told to write down what we would like to do in Japan. Me being me I put going to Concerts, seeings Plays/Musicals, watching Baseball games etc. and they place me someone (again in the middle of no where) where it takes over 3hours and over 100pounds to get to Osaka! How am I gunna be able to do the stuff I wanna do now?
4. I am over 5hours away from Tokyo -__- 3 hours away from Osaka and 2 away from Fukuoka.
5. I now need to find shit loads of money from somewhere just so's I CAN travel and do the things I wanna do. And I don't have shit loads of money. I live the bare minimum life as it is = stay at home, never go out, rarely buy things other than food, live off pasta and noodles. How the fuck am I gunna be able to afford stuff I wanna do now when I'm so fucking far away?
6. To fly to Osaka it's only 500ish pounds but to fly to the airport in the town of my Uni it's 1000pounds and over and to torture me even more the stop over/flight change is in fucking Tokyo! *Just found one now flying September 1st for around 800 - expedia. Still pretty expensive for flying to a place that's not even a city let alone not Tokyo or Osaka! -__-
7. Let's face it, I was never gunna be happy where they put me anyway cos none of the options are in Tokyo. But I could've been put in Osaka, that would've been the step down.
But I accept it and I'll make the most of it, I always do.